- 2 litres light chicken stock or broth
- 4 kaffir lime leaves mid-ribs removed sliced finely
- 2 stalks lemon grass, trimmed, cut into 7.5cm lengths and bruised
- 2 long red chillies, sliced crosswise and seeded
- 700g chicken breast fillets 2tbsp fish sauce
- 8 spring onions, dark leaves discarded, sliced crosswise
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp SAL lime & Chilli Plash
- small handful coriander sprigs
- small handful Thai basil leaves
Pour the stock into a large saucepan and add the kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass, chillies and palm sugar. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar
Reduce the heat and poach the chicken breasts, covered, for about 10 minutes or until cooked through. Do not allow the stock to come to a boil when poaching the chicken, as it will become cloudy.
Remove the chicken and leave until cool enough to handle. Add the fish sauce, spring onions, soy sauce and lime juice to the broth. Bring to the boil and taste for seasoning, adding extra fish sauce if needed.
Thinly slice the chicken fillets crosswise and divide between 4 serving bowls. Ladle the hot broth and flavourings over the chicken. Serve topped with the coriander sprigs and thai basil leaves.