- 2 litres light chicken stock or broth
- 4 kaffir lime leaves mid-ribs removed sliced finely
- 2 stalks lemon grass, trimmed, cut into 7.5cm lengths and bruised
- 2 long red chillies, sliced crosswise and seeded
- 700g chicken breast fillets 2tbsp fish sauce
- 8 spring onions, dark leaves discarded, sliced crosswise
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp SAL lime & Chilli Plash
- small handful coriander sprigs
- small handful Thai basil leaves
Pour the stock into a large saucepan and add the kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass, chillies and palm sugar. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar
Reduce the heat and poach the chicken breasts, covered, for about 10 minutes or until cooked through. Do not allow the stock to come to a boil when poaching the chicken, as it will become cloudy.
Remove the chicken and leave until cool enough to handle. Add the fish sauce, spring onions, soy sauce and lime juice to the broth. Bring to the boil and taste for seasoning, adding extra fish sauce if needed.
Thinly slice the chicken fillets crosswise and divide between 4 serving bowls. Ladle the hot broth and flavourings over the chicken. Serve topped with the coriander sprigs and thai basil leaves.
- 1 small can pineapple
- 1 spring onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 300g uncooked salmon thinly sliced
- Juice from 1 lime
- SAL Lime & Date Chutney
Prepare the salad:
Tropical gold pineapple cut into chunks
Spring onion, cut into strips
Cucumber, cut into strips
Red onion, cut into thin circles
Arrange on plate into salad form
Prepare the salmon:
Thinly slice raw salmon (one big side of salmon) Season well.
Pan fry salmon in hot cast iron Pan, arrange on salad.
Squeeze lime juice over fish, then dollop St Andrews Limes’ Lime and Date Chutney over the fish
- 1 large cos lettuce
- 50 g croutons
- 1 large avocado, sliced thickly
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken,
- Parmesan Cheese, finely sliced
Combine all ingredients in a bowl
Combine torn lettuce, croutons, avocado and chicken in a large bowl; add dressing, mix well.
Serve scattered with thinly sliced parmesan cheese
- 660gr lamb backstrap fillets
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 sm lebanese cucumber
- 1 sm chinese cabbage, shredded 150gr bean sprouts
- 3 green onions,(shallots) sliced
- 2 sm red radishes, sliced
- ¼ cup roasted, unsalted peanuts chopped
Assemble just before serving.
Grill, barbeque or pan fry lamb until browned on both sides, and cooked as desired. Remove from pan and let stand for 15 minutes.
Cut carrot and cucumber, lengthways, into ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, cucumber, sprouts, onions and radishes
Combine vinegar, juice, garlic, sugar, sauce and chillies, mix well. Slice the lamb thinly. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently. Serve the salad topped with the lamb and sprinkled with the peanuts.
Serves 4 -6
- 4 Fish Steaks ( bream)
- 12 green olives 2 tbsp capers ( soaked to remove saltiness/vinegar)
- 2 tbsp butter 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp saffron threads, powdered
- ½ – 1 preserved lime ( rinsed and cut into small pieces)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Small bunch coriander- chopped
In a large fry pan, heat butter with oil and stir in ginger and saffron.
Add fish, sprinkle with salt and pepper Add preserved limes, olives, capers and coriander.
Cook for 6-10 minutes, turning fish once Serve with rice or couscous
Lime Chilli Marinade
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 4 double kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tsp grated palm sugar, if unavailable, use:
- equal parts brown sugar and maple sugar.
- 2 tbsps SAL Lime & Chilli Plash
- 1 -2 chillies, deseeded, pith removed and minced.
- Finely grated rind of 1 lime (no pith)
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil (or other flavourless oil)
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken, chopped in 2cm pieces
- 750g fresh or dried noodles, treated according to packet 1
- cup snowpeas or sugar snap peas, angle sliced
- 2 spring onions, very finely sliced
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ cup combined fish sauce
- ½ cup chopped mint or coriander juice of 1 lime
Combine marinade ingredients. Mix through chicken. Marinate in fridge for 15-30 minutes. Heat a heavy frypan and fry chicken until just cooked through. Prepare noodles as per instructions. Add to chicken with snowpeas and spring onions, stir over heat for a minute.
Stir in Plash, and sauces, mint or coriander. Toss until heated through.
To serve. Squeeze juice of lime over top of each serve.
- 1.5-1.8KG snapper (scaled and gutted)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 sm red chilli (finely chopped)
- 2 lemons (quartered)
- 2 limes (quartered)
- Sea Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 sprigs coriander
- 500mls (2 cups) white wine
- 30g (3tbspn) butter (melted)
- 1 tbspn SAL Lime & Chilli Plash
Preheat oven 200o.
Wash fish inside and out. Pat dry. Make 4 – 5 vertical incisions to the bone on both sides of the fish. Sprinkle garlic & chilli inside cavity and season.
Squeeze juice from 1 lime and 1 lemon into cavity and stuff with rinds, remaining citrus fruits and coriander.
Place in dish, add wine & Plash and marinate for 2 hours turning once.
Remove fish and wrap in aluminium foil brushed with the butter.
Place in large baking tray and bake for 20-30 mins, till cooked through, but sill moist.